Early one morning in the park, Lin mishears a single word from the dance teacher and ends up scrambling around looking for something to carry.
Scene 1: Early Morning in the Park
早上六点,公园里很安静。
It was six in the morning, and the park was very quiet.
Lin
王老师,早上好!你在听音乐吗?
Good morning, Ms. Wang! Are you listening to music?
Ms. Wang
早!我每天在这儿大家呢。
Morning! I teach everyone how to dance here every day.
Lin
?我也想学,可是我跳得不好。
Dancing? I'd love to learn too, but I'm really bad at it.
Scene 2: One Word Misheard
Ms. Wang
没事,慢慢来。我先问你,你有没有?
No worries, take it slow. First let me ask: do you have a dance partner?
Lin
?什么呀?我刚到,还没看见东西呢。
Carry? Carry what? I just got here, I haven't seen anything to move.
他左看看,右看看,到处找要的东西。
He looked left and right, searching everywhere for something to carry.
Ms. Wang
哈哈,不是东西的,是的伴啦!
Haha, not 'carry' as in carrying things — I mean 'partner,' as in a dance partner!
Scene 3: Finding a Dance Partner
Lin
是这样!我还要我帮忙桌子呢。
Oh, so that's what it was! I thought you wanted me to help carry a table.
旁边一个女孩听见了,笑着走过来。
A girl nearby heard this and walked over with a smile.
Girl
我跟你跳吧,你别,跟着我就行。
I'll dance with you. Don't be nervous — just follow my lead.
Lin
好!这次我听了,是伴,不是!
Great! This time I heard it clearly — it's 'partner,' not 'carry'!