The night before the exam, Little Li sits studying with shaky hands. Her roommate pulls her outside for a cup of tea, and everything starts to feel lighter.
The Night Before the Exam
晚上十点了,小李还坐在桌子前看书。
It was ten at night, and Little Li was still sitting at her desk, staring at her book.
她看了半天,一个字也没记住。
She had been reading for ages, but couldn't remember a single word.
Little Wu
怎么了?你的脸这么白。
What's wrong? You look so pale.
Little Li
明天要,我有点儿。
I have an exam tomorrow, and I'm a little scared.
Stepping Out for a Bit
Little Wu
这半年你天天都在学习,我都看见了。
You've studied every single day these past six months. I've seen it all.
Little Li
可是我怕不好,对不起爸爸妈妈。
But I'm afraid I'll do badly and let my mom and dad down.
Little Wu
别啦,先把书放下,跟我出去走走。
Don't worry. Put the book down for now and come take a walk with me.
两个人下楼,在小店里买了两杯热茶。
The two of them went downstairs and bought two cups of hot tea at a little shop.
Back in the Room
外面很,风吹在脸上,很。
It was quiet outside, and the breeze on her face felt wonderful.
Little Li
谢谢你呀,现在我没那么了。
Thank you. I'm not so nervous anymore now.
Little Wu
你早点儿睡,明天好好考。
Get to bed early, and do your best tomorrow.
回到房间,小李把茶喝完,笑着关上了灯。
Back in the room, Little Li finished her tea, then smiled and turned off the light.