An An draws every single day but always keeps her work hidden in her desk drawer, afraid it isn't good enough. A flyer for a contest and some advice from her cousin finally push her past her shyness.
The Locked Desk Drawer
下午的教室很安静,安安一个人坐在角落里。
The classroom was quiet that afternoon, and An An sat alone in the corner, drawing.
Lin Lin
安安,你画的这只猫真可爱!给我看看嘛。
An An, this cat you drew is so cute! Come on, let me see it.
安安马上把画放进,关上了。
An An quickly slipped the drawing into her drawer and shut it.
An An
别看了,画得不好……我每天都,可是还是觉得不够好。
Don't look, it's not any good... I practice every day, but I still feel like it's not good enough.
The Flyer at the Bookstore
周末,安安和表姐去书店,门口贴着一张广告。
On the weekend, An An went to the bookstore with her cousin, and there was a flyer posted by the door.
Cousin Bao
你看,少儿,下个月就。安安,你应该试试!
Look, a children's drawing contest — sign-ups start next month. An An, you should give it a try!
An An
我的画那么,要是大家都笑我怎么办呀?
My drawings are so ordinary — what if everyone laughs at me?
Cousin Bao
画得好不好不,的是别再把它锁在里了。
Whether it's good or not doesn't matter — what matters is that you stop locking it away in that drawer.
Stepping Out of the Corner
那天,安安的手一直在抖,她慢慢把画交了上去。
On the day of the contest, An An's hands wouldn't stop shaking as she slowly handed in her drawing.
Teacher
这只猫的眼睛画得真,一看就是你自己想出来的。
The eyes on this cat are really interesting — one look and you can tell you dreamed it up yourself.
安安没说话,但是脸红红的,笑了。
An An didn't say anything, but her cheeks flushed red and she smiled.
An An
林林,明天我把里的画都带来给你看!
Lin Lin, tomorrow I'm bringing all the drawings from my drawer to show you!