A Vietnamese girl unexpectedly gets invited to a traditional festival on the outskirts of Beijing, where she finds surprising joy and a new friend.
An Unexpected Invitation
Mei
,我去郊区看看元月庆典。
Recently, I decided to go to the suburbs to see the first-month festival.
难道你不想和我一起去吗?
Don't you want to come with me?
Lin
当然想!我们什么时候出发?
Of course I do! When do we set off?
Mei
明天早上,在飞机场见面。
Tomorrow morning, let's meet at the airport.
The Way to the Suburbs
今天天气很好,但是路上有点儿堵。
The weather is great today, but the traffic on the road is a bit congested.
Lin
别着急,我看了看地图。
Don't worry, I looked at the map carefully.
Mei
谢谢!我相信我们能准时到。
Thanks! I believe we can arrive on time.
你看,那些的人真有意思!
Look, those performers are really interesting!
A Joyful Festival
Mei
我非常喜欢这个,非常有节日气氛。
I really like this show; it has such a festive atmosphere.
Lin
是啊,我们也买点儿苹果吧。
Yeah, let's buy some apples too.
Mei
好的,我红色的,它们代表好运。
Sure, I recommend the red ones; they symbolize good luck.
Lin
你得非常详细,我明白了。
You explained it in such detail; I understand now.