Xiao Ming proudly brings his new laptop to the office, only to find nothing installed on it. Luckily, Lili at the next desk walks him through it step by step.
Showing Off the New Laptop
周一早上,小明把一个大盒子放在桌子上。
On Monday morning, Xiao Ming set a big box down on his desk.
Xiao Ming
丽丽,你快过来看看!我新买的。
Lili, come over here and take a look! It's my new computer.
Lili
哇,这么薄!比你那台旧的好看多了。
Wow, it's so thin! It looks way nicer than that old one of yours.
Xiao Ming
对吧?我打算用它打字、发,还有写。
Right? I'm going to use it for typing, sending emails, and writing reports.
Lili
可是……你打开看过没有?里面什么都没装吧?
But… have you actually opened it up? There's no software installed on it yet, is there?
Fumbling Through the Setup
小明打开,桌面上空空的,什么都没有,他愣住了。
Xiao Ming opened the laptop; the desktop was bare with no software at all, and he froze.
Xiao Ming
真的什么都没有……我连都发不了。
There really is nothing on it… I can't even send an email.
Lili
别急,跟着我做。先去那个网站,一个账号。
Don't panic, just follow me. First go to that website and register an account.
Lili
以后这几个就行。一定要记住啊!
Once you log in, just download these few programs. And make sure you remember your password!
Xiao Ming
我写在本子上了,跑不了。
I wrote it down in my notebook, so it's not going anywhere.
Sending the First Email
半个小时后,小明的屏幕上出现了一排新图标。
Half an hour later, a row of new icons appeared on Xiao Ming's screen.
Xiao Ming
成了!我现在就给经理发个试试。
It worked! I'll send the manager an email right now to test it out.
Lili
看吧,自己装一遍,下次你就会了。
See? Once you set it up yourself, you'll know how to do it next time.
Xiao Ming
多亏有你。中午我请你喝奶茶!
Thanks to you. I'll treat you to bubble tea at lunch!
Lili
这还差不多。
Now that's more like it.