Expressing Frequency (What You Often Do)
S + 常常 + V常常 is placed before a verb to indicate an action that happens many times, as a habit. It is similar to 'often' or 'frequently' in English.
我常常在家吃饭。
I often eat at home.
他常常帮忙。
He often helps out.
Additional HSK 1 vocabulary (daily life).
Examples
请帮忙!
Please help!
Examples
这个答案不对。
This answer is incorrect.
我觉得这样不对。
I feel this is not right.
Examples
谢谢!——不用谢。
Thank you! — You're welcome.
你不用来。
You don't need to come.
Examples
我常常去图书馆。
I often go to the library.
他常常迟到。
He is often late.
Examples
你在干什么?
What are you doing?
你想干什么?
What do you want to do?
Examples
请关上门。
Please close the door.
关上灯睡觉吧。
Turn off the light and go to sleep.
Examples
这个游戏很好玩儿。
This game is very fun.
我觉得这个电影很好玩儿。
I think this movie is a lot of fun.
Examples
我回到学校。
I return to school.
他回到家了。
He has returned home.
Examples
他在开玩笑,你别生气。
He is just joking, don't be angry.
别拿这件事开玩笑。
Don't joke about this matter.
Examples
我听到了你的声音。
I heard your voice.
我听到这个消息很高兴。
I was very happy to hear this news.
Examples
我忘带书了。
I forgot to bring my book.
别忘明天的课。
Don't forget tomorrow's class.
Examples
我今天在家。
I am at home today.
他在家吃饭。
He eats at home.
Examples
这是我吃过的最好的菜。
This is the best dish I have ever eaten.
你最好现在就去。
You had better go right now.
Examples
请坐下。
Please sit down.
我们坐下吧。
Let's sit down.
S + 常常 + V常常 is placed before a verb to indicate an action that happens many times, as a habit. It is similar to 'often' or 'frequently' in English.
我常常在家吃饭。
I often eat at home.
他常常帮忙。
He often helps out.
S + 想/要 + V + 吗?Use '想' or '要' before a verb to ask about someone's wishes. You can add '吗' at the end of the sentence to make it a yes-no question.
你想坐下吗?
Do you want to sit down?
他要回去吗?
Does he want to go back?
Two friends, Linh and Nam, are talking after class.
Nam, 你放学后常常干什么?
Nam, what do you usually do after school?
我常常回家帮忙妈妈。你呢?
I often go home to help my mom. What about you?
我常常去图书馆,那里很有用。今天天气很好,你想去玩儿吗?
I often go to the library; it's very useful there. The weather is nice today. Do you want to go out and play?
好啊!但是我要先回家。妈妈想我帮忙关上窗户。你最好先去,我一会儿回去找你。
Sure! But I need to go home first. My mom wants me to help close the windows. You'd better go ahead, and I'll come find you in a little while.
不用着急!你常常帮忙,真好。你听到我说话吗?
No need to rush! You help out so often—that's really great. Can you hear me talking?
听到了。开玩笑,我不会忘。你先坐下等我,我很快回来。
I hear you. Just kidding, I won't forget. Sit down and wait for me first; I'll be back soon.